Roasted Veggie Orzo Salad
Serves 4 as a side ● 40 minutes
This light, bright pasta salad is an instant crowd pleaser. Quick enough for a weeknight dinner and flavorful enough to serve when hosting guests, we’re confident this recipe will make its way into your go-to cooking rotation. (You’re welcome!) Tiny sous chefs will love to help wash veggies and peel the garlic and onion. From our family to yours – bon appetit!
- 2 large bell peppers (yellow, red or orange)
- 1 medium eggplant
- 6 ounces mushrooms
- ½ yellow onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 large lemon (about 4 tbsp juice)
- 1 cup dry orzo
- Olive oil
- ⅓ cup feta cheese
- Spices: basil, oregano, black pepper, red pepper flakes, garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Fill a small pot with water and bring to a boil.
- Core, remove seeds, and dice bell peppers.
- Roughly chop mushrooms and yellow onion.
- Remove skin and cube eggplant.
- Juice lemon and set aside.
- Spread veggies on large baking sheet. Add finely chopped garlic cloves and drizzle with olive oil (2-3 tbsp). Sprinkle generously with spices and toss to incorporate.
- Roast veggies at 375F degrees for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook orzo according to package instructions, about 9 minutes.
- Mix al dente orzo, roasted veggies, and feta in a large bowl. Toss with lemon juice. Drizzle with additional olive oil and add more spices to taste if desired.
- Serve warm and enjoy!